Pueblo Colorado Sports Blog 2013: Hank Aaron statement on Bonds' achievement

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hank Aaron statement on Bonds' achievement

"I would like to offer my congratulations to Barry Bonds on becoming baseball's career home run leader. It is a great accomplishment which required skill, longevity and determination.

Throughout the past century, the home run has held a special place in baseball, and I have been privileged to hold this record for 33 of those years. I move over now and offer my best wishes to Barry and his family on this historic achievement.

My hope today, as it was on that April evening in 1974, is that the achievement of this record will inspire others to chase their own dreams."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

Listen to the game live Enjoy Pueblo Sports Blog