Pueblo Colorado Sports Blog 2013: AI hasn't been 'The Answer' for Nuggets

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

AI hasn't been 'The Answer' for Nuggets


Denver Nuggets guard Allen Iverson, front, and forward Marcus Camby react as time runs out in the fourth quarter of the San Antonio Spurs' 96-89 victory in Game 4 of an NBA Western Conference first-round playoff series in Denver on Monday, April 30, 2007. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

Allen Iverson has gone from almost invincible to nearly invisible.

In six trips to the playoffs with the Philadelphia 76ers, Iverson's 30.6 scoring average was second all-time to Michael Jordan's 33.4.

He scored in 31 in his Nuggets playoff debut, but he's gone in a deep funk since - making just 25 of 70 shots in the last three games, all Spurs' wins.

Just 9-of-25 Monday night, he didn't score at all during the final 5:24 as the Nuggets watched their four-point lead evaporate in a 96-89 loss.

"I just couldn't dig in late," said Iverson, who scored 22. "I'm not trying to take anything away from them. They have been effective and are making me take tough shots. When I drive to the basket, they are shadowing me and making sure that I see more than one defender. It's just something I have to get through." MORE ON THIS STORY>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

Listen to the game live Enjoy Pueblo Sports Blog